Flexible working available
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced L&D professional to join a leading retail organisation. As the Learning & Development Manager, you will be responsible for the entire talent journey, from the moment an offer is made, right through to their progression as a future leader.
You will assess learning and development needs across the board, identifying and assessing appropriate L&D options and interventions to achieve strategic objectives. You will ensure that every member of the team has the skills, knowledge and development opportunities available to them, to ensure that our client is industry leading.
- A walking encyclopedia, the L&D Manager has a stellar level of knowledge about how the company operates
- Out and about in the business and a recognisable face, you instinctively identify learning opportunities and work to implement training interventions to address these
- Develop an Induction programme which is industry leading and is updated regularly to remain ahead of the curve
- Develop training programmes for new starters at Manager level, team member and central support team
- Develops and carries out service standards audits and feeds back results to the OM, developing interventions when needed
- You will lead and manage the effectiveness of the e-learning system, developing modules in line with business needs and collaborating with all departments to ensure new initiatives are trained properly
- Ensure the company is fully compliant with legal responsibilities for training teams
- You have full control of the career path, ensuring it is communicated to all of our teams so they know how to develop within our business and what is expected of them
- Analyse the Guest Journey to ensure it is the best it can be, identifying opportunities for change. Making sure this is clearly communicated in an innovative and exciting way
- Continuously develop the skills and performance of all managers. Provide a coaching environment where managers are continually developing their skills and knowledge.
- Act as a role model, championing culture, values and behaviours. Positively influence, motivate and inspire others to achieve their targets in relation to learning and development
- Carry out side by side and remote coaching sessions with Operations managers to meet the needs of the business.
- Design, facilitate and deliver virtual and classroom training modules
- Initiate changes and improvements to training and coaching programmes, processes and procedures as appropriate.
- Support, develop and motivate staff to deliver departmental and individual objectives and KPIs when applicable.
- Having an awareness of the allocated budget and an ability to find solutions in order to implement the required training
- Embracing different styles of training techniques, including e-learning, tutorial sessions or coaching
- Become a project lead and participant in a number of key organisational changes
- Develop an Apprenticeship programme to be used internally to engage and develop our Team leaders
The ideal candidate will be a highly credible and self-sufficient Learning and Development professional, with a CIPD or equivalent qualification in Learning and Development.
You will be skilled at analysing needs and designing and delivering engaging training and development programmes. You will be a strong facilitator and coach, confident presenting and delivering to a wide audience. You will be an excellent communicator with an ability to influence others. Ideally, you will have a drivers license and access to own transport for work purposes.
If you’re interested in this role please apply, alternatively if you would like to discuss this further, give us a call on 0203 800 1160.